SAP GDPR COMPLIANCE
Attain, Maintain Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), set to go in effect in May 2018 for citizens of the European Union (EU), is prompting enterprises to re-think their data management practices. GDPR requires that EU citizens explicitly agree to specific uses of their personally identifiable information (PII) and regulators can levy fines for noncompliance of up to 4% of a company’s global revenue. Attunity solutions can help you attain GDPR compliance, especially in SAP environments.
Non-Production SAP Environments
Production data cannot simply be copied “as-is”. Amongst the new regulations introduced by GDPR is the right of restriction on the use of personal data information. If production data is sourced for development, testing or user training then data managers must apply anonymization techniques to all PII, and this process must be irreversible.
Reduced Risk of Non-compliant PII Usage
Attunity Gold Client software addresses these challenges in several ways:
- Replicate precisely-defined data subsets across their SAP environments.
- Synchronize anonymization procedures across all core and/or industry-specific SAP modules.
- Anonymization process cannot be reverse engineered
- Implements the “right to be forgotten” by erasing or obfuscating PII
- Easily report on these procedures to demonstrate GDPR compliance
Powerful Data Masking
Attunity Gold Client provides several options to protect PII data via data masking. Data masking applies a set of rules to “scramble” your production data when it is replicated to a non-production environment.
- Dynamic Masking – is used when the data is in flight.
- Static Masking – is when you apply scrambling rules to a previously unscrambled non-production SAP environment.
The Attunity data masking process cannot be reverse engineered to recreate the original source data.
Enforce “Right to Be Forgotten”
The right to be forgotten is one of the most challenging aspects of GDPR. However, referential integrity of Attunity Gold Client ensures that when customer data is purged from your system then all instances of that PII data are accurately deleted across all SAP environments.
Confidence of Certification
You can rely and trust the expertise that only an SAP Certified partner like Attunity can deliver.
- Leader in SAP data management since 1998
- SAP software solution and technology partner
- SAP certified