DATA WAREHOUSE USAGE AND WORKLOAD ANALYTICS
Optimize performance and improve data warehouse governance
The data warehouse (DW) is the foundation for modern BI and analytics for business users. But growing data volumes, applications, and users increase complexity and make it difficult to meet SLAs, optimize performance, and monitor and govern usage.
To improve the value and reduce the cost and complexity of data warehouses, IT teams must understand data usage and workload impact across various layers of the DW environment – from end user all the way to storage.
Attunity Visibility provides comprehensive data usage and workload analytics for all leading data warehouses, including Teradata, Exadata, Oracle, DB2, and Netezza, as well as Hadoop. It provides insights based on in-depth and multi-dimensional analysis, which can be easily used in dashboards and reports to enable fact-based DW management.
With Attunity software, IT gains insight to improve the analytics services they deliver to the business and optimize cost/performance.
- Pfizer identified unused data, leading to a 50% reduction of HR data warehouse storage and annual savings of nearly $400K. After identifying data usage patterns, the company made changes that reduced ETL load times by 75%
- Union Bank’s security and compliance teams are able to mitigate audit risk. They analyze all user, application and data usage, set notifications and track policy violations – all without degrading system performance
“We can quickly pinpoint application usage/performance inefficiencies, slow reports, and bad queries to optimize data stores and performance.”
Deputy CTO Enterprise Data Services,
State of New Jersey
Intelligent Data Management
Attunity Visibility enables you to:
- Improve DW Performance. Identify and address heavy workloads and bottlenecks. Correlate and analyze performance from the report or application level all the way to the executed SQL
- Reduce Storage Costs. Identify cold or hot data based on actual data usage to enable intelligent storage tiering
- Simplify Migrations. Plan migration phases and use impact analysis to understand and mitigate potential risks
Governance and Compliance
- Enable Chargeback or Showback. Accurately measure and report on user or business group consumption of data and resources