Intelligent Data Management with Data Usage and Workload Analytics
Attunity Visibility enables in-depth, multi-dimensional analysis of data warehouse and Hadoop environments
Data Usage Profiling
IT managers are under siege to meet rising business demands while controlling data delivery costs. As business users multiply and data volumes grow, IT struggles to understand and manage what is really happening within their data warehouses and Data Lakes.
To control these environments, you need data about how business users are consuming data and resources, and their impact on performance, cost and compliance.
KPIs and Analytics
Attunity Visibility can help with KPI dashboards and reporting about how data and infrastructure resources are being utilized. With these insights, you can optimize performance, prioritize investments, reduce cost and ensure compliance. Check out our EDW optimization and EDW and Hadoop management data sheets.
- Pfizer saved nearly $400,000 per year in data warehouse efficiency and faster ETL loading
- A Fortune 50 bank saved $15 million over three years by identifying and offloading cold EDW data
“We now have unprecedented continuous, end-to-end oversight into our [BI and DW activities] … allowing us to manage our environment more effectively.”
VP Enterprise Business Intelligence
Monitor and Improve Data Warehouse Performance
Attunity Visibility empowers you to proactively monitor and fine-tune EDW performance.
- Correlate BI activity with EDW response times
- Discover performance bottlenecks based on data usage
- Set thresholds to rapidly spot, diagnose, and remediate issues
- Run impact analyses before changing applications or data
Optimize Your Data Warehouse With Hadoop
Use Attunity Visibility to identify EDW data and workloads to offload to Hadoop/cloud.
- Discover unused and infrequently used data
- Monitor all data warehouse activity to assess resource-consuming ETL and analytics workloads
- Run impact analysis to predict performance results of potential offload decisions
Manage Hadoop Data Lake Growth and Performance
Attunity Visibility delivers intuitive KPIs for all major Hadoop distributions, including Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR.
- Improve capacity planning by managing and monitoring data across Hadoop storage levels
- Drill into usage patterns to assist compliance and chargeback
- Optimize performance and cost for common Hadoop data processing engines like MapReduce, Tez, Hive, and Cloudera Impala
Enable Chargeback and Showback
Attunity Visibility enables you to justify costs, prioritize projects, and align resources.
- Measure data and resource consumption across lines of business
- Track metrics such as query volume, rows returned and CPU time
- Identify usage patterns by user group, dataset or application
Ensure Compliance by Tracking Sensitive Data Usage
Satisfy auditor inquiries and ensure trusted data usage.
- Analyze user actions, queries and other tasks by timestamp
- Manage exceptions with policy-based thresholds