Data migration has become a top priority for IT teams as enterprises seek to take advantage of new ways of processing and analyzing data. From Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services to NoSQL databases and Hadoop distributions, these new platforms provide greater economy, flexibility and affordability as businesses look to harness the potential of big data.
What is data migration intended to accomplish? Migrating existing data to these new storage, processing and analytics solutions is essential for realizing the value they offer. But data migration that involves moving or copying vast amounts of data from existing on-premise systems to cloud-based platforms can be a difficult, costly and time-consuming endeavor. Finding a cloud data migration solution that is fast, efficient and secure is critical, especially when multiple on-premise sources and multiple cloud targets are involved.
Attunity: Simplify data migration across all major platforms.
Attunity offers an easier, quicker and safer path to accelerate data migration and capture the advantages of the cloud.
With Attunity's data migration solution, enterprises can:
- Simplify data migration. An intuitive and configurable graphical user interface makes it easy to initiate data migration with no manual coding.
- Centralize control of data migration to cloud. Attunity reduces administrative burden by enabling IT administrators to use a single pane of glass to manage and monitor replication tasks for thousands of endpoints.
- Migrate data to many cloud targets. Enterprises can rely on Attunity for migrating to AWS (including all RDS databases and Amazon Redshift), and to migrate to Azure SQL database and warehouse as well as Google Cloud SQL.
- Migrate from all major data sources. Attunity supports all major data warehouses, RDBMS and mainframe systems, and can be used both on premise and in the cloud.
Quicker, more secure data migration.
Managing data migration with Attunity provides enterprises with significant benefits, including:
- Greater performance. Attunity makes data migration highly efficient by compressing and splitting large tables into multiple configurable streams and batching small tables and CDC streams.
- Higher data availability. Attunity provides bi-directional replication that keeps sources current during data transfer to ensure seamless recovery after an interrupted transfer.
- Minimal downtime. Through continuous replication and log-based CDC technology, Attunity reduces impact on source data systems to avoid downtime.
- Maximum-security. AES 256 encryption helps to secure data transfer across WANs, while check mechanisms help to ensure data integrity.