There are many reasons that you might need to migrate or consolidate data from one repository to another. Some organizations create databases that are used exclusively for reporting to reduce the load on mission-critical systems. As data changes in the operational systems, it must be pushed to the reporting databases. Alternatively, you may routinely move data from production databases to archives, or to enhance performance, data may be distributed across multiple servers to balance the system load. The increasing popularity of cloud computing is also opening up new possibilities for organizations to store data in the cloud for any number of applications. We find enterprises need to navigate these requirements and achieve the following:
- Deliver timely information for BI and decision support
- Enable operational reporting without impacting production databases
- Replicate data without the need to install software on source and target databases
- Cost savings and lower cost of ownership
- Faster return on investment with quick time-to-value
For IT teams, data migration can present several issues:
- Speed of data delivery is critical when it comes to business intelligence (BI) and reporting. When organizations maintain a separate database to support BI and analytics, business users expect to have access to fresh information. IT teams need a fast mechanism for migrating updates. Typically, ETL products are not the best solution for this situation.
- Network bandwidth is often an issue for migrating data. The Internet is the usual way to send information to databases in the cloud or to systems that are in remote locations. However, if the network bandwidth is slow, data migration can take unacceptably long amounts of time. IT teams must have tools that are optimized for this type of environment.
- IT teams don’t have the resources needed to support complex data migration solutions. In today’s world, every business function has to do more with less and the IT department is no exception. The last thing IT teams need are data migration products that require excessive coding and are complicated to use.
Attunity Replicate is designed to help organizations migrate data quickly and easily. Attunity Replicate uses change data capture (CDC) and replication technologies to load data efficiently to operational data warehouses, to create copies of production databases for operational reporting, to distribute data across data centers, to offload queries from operational systems to reduce load, and more. Attunity Replicate is also the first data replication product to load data to SQL Azure for cloud data replication.
Attunity Connect provides real-time, seamless connectivity to relational and non-relational data sources on legacy platforms. Its Application Adapters turn existing business logic into reusable services, allowing applications to be integrated, migrated, and modernized quickly and cost effectively.
Today's enterprise is host to a lot of information that is constantly changing. Users need to have the ability to instantly access the latest information from mission-critical applications and information, regardless of their location. This means companies need to deploy data integration solutions that will consolidate information and make it easy for individuals to access a single storage environment through multiple endpoints.
At the same time, enterprises need to be sure they use real-time data integration services, as employees need constant access to up-to-date information. This is especially important for departments such as marketing, as these users must be able to meet prospective and existing customers' desires at any given moment. If organizations use slow integration processes and are unable to reach current data, they will be building strategies off of old information that may not be accurate. Other business situations such as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures may also require the ability to consolidate information from many systems to one.
Attunity Replicate offers broad platform support and is designed to help organizations consolidate data quickly and easily. Using uses change data capture (CDC) and replication technologies, the solution can load data efficiently to databases, data warehouses, Hadoop or the Cloud. It can also offload queries from operational systems to reduce load, and more. In the cloud, Attunity Replicate supports Amazon Web Services (AWS) and is the first data replication product to load data to SQL Azure for cloud data consolidation.
Reuse, Repurpose, and Integrate Existing Data From Legacy Systems
Attunity software helps enterprises that are looking for ways to reuse, repurpose, and integrate existing systems in support of new business and IT initiatives. Attunity simplifies and accelerates integration with:
- HP NonStop (Tandem)