The new offering is designed to automate real-time change data capture, delivery and refinement for analytics, with live demonstrations at AWS re:Invent 2018
BURLINGTON, MA – November 26, 2018 — Attunity Ltd. (NASDAQ CM: ATTU), a leading provider of data integration and big data management software solutions, announced a new solution today, Attunity for Data Lakes on Amazon Web Services (AWS) designed to automate streaming data pipelines on AWS. The offering is designed to support streaming real-time data from major enterprise databases, mainframes, and applications such as SAP, to accelerate near real-time analytics, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) initiatives. These new capabilities are being demonstrated live this week in Attunity booth 630 at AWS re:Invent 2018.
Enterprises are moving to cloud data lakes as they provide greater agility and elasticity but continue to be challenged to efficiently create analytics-ready data sets from heterogeneous data sources. Such integration can be a manually intensive and complex endeavor, challenging to assemble and often resulting in outdated data when it’s finally ready for business consumption. Attunity helps overcome these challenges with a solution leveraging Apache Spark technology to further accelerate and automate data pipelines – from the generation of source system data streams right through to the creation of analytics-ready data sets.
Attunity’s support for data lakes on AWS helps enterprises to:
- Improve operational efficiency and increase ROI – Using Apache Spark as a high-performance engine, the solution is designed to automate the generation of transformations and allow for analytics-ready data sets. This means that data engineers can expect to quickly create reusable, automated data pipelines that streamline the delivery of analytics-ready data sets to end users, lessening the need for manual coding or expensive development resources.
- Provide transactional data for analytics efficiently and in near real-time – Continuously streaming data and metadata updates powered by Attunity’s change data capture (CDC) technology means that data sets are accurate and current, and also support a broad range of data sources from on-premises and cloud databases, to data warehouses, SAP and mainframe systems.
- Provision trusted data sets to promote confidence – Users discover managed data sets through a catalog which includes metadata such as data lineage. As a result, users can be confident in the origin and preparation of their analytics-ready data sets.
- Establish best practices for real-time data pipeline delivery – Attunity’s offering is designed to automate the necessary steps in a multi-zone data lake and provide a full historical data store from which analytic-specific data sets are derived.
- Readily adapt to changing technologies – The solution’s graphical interface and data pipeline management functionality readily adapt to changes in underlying data lake technology and new AWS offerings with just a simple drag-and-drop.
Customer Fanatics shared its success to date using Attunity for data ingestion to a data lake on AWS:
“With Attunity, we’re able to better analyze immense data volumes from disparate applications including our e-commerce, transactional and back office systems. It has provided new efficiencies by making our data available immediately on a data lake on AWS, ultimately expediting the analytics process and allowing access to the freshest data possible for real-time decision making,” said Kiran Nagarur, Vice President, Data Science and Engineering at Fanatics.
“With this new data pipeline automation offering, Attunity for Data Lakes on AWS, we continue to strengthen our relationship with AWS, empowering enterprises to easily and quickly automate their data lakes for more timely analytics,” said Itamar Ankorion, Chief Marketing Officer at Attunity. “Our Attunity for Data Lakes on AWS solution will help our customers to continually reap the benefits of having their data on AWS, and allow for real-time analytics using data we make available in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis, Snowflake, and other analytics data infrastructure running on AWS.”
For more information:
- Visit Attunity booth 630 at AWS re:Invent 2018
- Register for the Nov. 29 webinar: Automating Modern Data Lake Pipelines
- Read the case study: Online sports and memorabilia retailer, Fanatics, leverages a Data Lake on AWS for Analytics
Attunity is a leading provider of data integration and big data management software solutions that enable availability, delivery and management of data across heterogeneous enterprise platforms, organizations and the cloud. Our software solutions include data replication and distribution, test data management, change data capture (CDC), data connectivity, enterprise file replication (EFR), managed file transfer (MFT), data warehouse automation, data usage analytics and cloud data delivery.
Attunity has supplied innovative software solutions to its enterprise-class customers for over 20 years and has successful deployments at thousands of organizations worldwide. Attunity provides software directly and indirectly through various partners such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Headquartered in Boston, Attunity serves its customers via offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and through a network of local partners. For more information, www.attunity.com or our blog and join our community on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the anticipated features and benefits of Replicate Solutions, within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other Federal Securities laws. Statements preceded by, followed by, or that otherwise include the words “believes”, “expects”, “anticipates”, “intends”, “estimates”, “plans”, and similar expressions or future or conditional verbs such as “will”, “should”, “would”, “may” and “could” are generally forward-looking in nature and not historical facts. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to various risks and uncertainties and actual results, expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, could differ materially from Attunity’s current expectations. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to: our history of operating losses and ability to achieve profitability; our reliance on strategic relationships with our distributors, OEM, VAR and “go-to-market” and other business partners, and on our other significant customers; our ability to manage our growth effectively; acquisitions, including costs and difficulties related to integration of acquired businesses and possible impairment charges; our ability to continue to expand our business into the SAP market and the success of our Gold Client offering; timely availability and customer acceptance of Attunity’s new and existing products, including Attunity Replicate, Attunity Compose and Attunity Visibility; fluctuations in our quarterly operating results, which may not necessarily be indicative of future periods; changes in the competitive landscape, including new competitors or the impact of competitive pricing and products; a shift in demand for products such as Attunity’s products; the impact on revenues of economic and political uncertainties and weaknesses in various regions of the world, including the commencement or escalation of hostilities or acts of terrorism as well as cyber-attacks; and other factors and risks on which Attunity may have little or no control. This list is intended to identify only certain of the principal factors that could cause actual results to differ. For a more detailed description of the risks and uncertainties affecting Attunity, reference is made to Attunity’s latest Annual Report on Form 20-F which is on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the other risk factors discussed from time to time by Attunity in reports filed with, or furnished to, the SEC. Except as otherwise required by law, Attunity undertakes no obligation to publicly release any revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
© Attunity 2018. All Rights Reserved. Attunity is a registered trademark of Attunity Inc. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, please contact:
Melissa Kolodziej, Senior Director of Marketing Communications, Attunity
KCSA Strategic Communications