Provides pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Functions as a technical resource for the customer and for less experienced members of the pre-sales team.
In a pre-sales support role, the Solutions Consultant:
- Prepares and delivers demonstrations and presentations of Attunity’s products and answers in-depth technical questions about them with minimal outside assistance.
- Provides technical support to the sales representatives.
- Assists the sales representatives in customer qualification and development of account sales strategy.
- Interfaces with the customer’s technical team, gathering insight and information that will be useful in developing a sales strategy for the account.
- Assists customers during product evaluation by answering technical questions and coordinating the execution of product benchmarks and proof-of-concepts.
As a technical resource to the company, the SC:
- Participates in training programs to increase depth of knowledge in products and sales methods.
- Assists other members of the pre-sales team, perhaps in other regions, when necessary.
- Actively participates in email discussions; and contributes knowledge, concepts, presentations, etc. to the other members of the extended technical team.
- Provides feedback to corporate marketing, product management, and development on the use and perceptions of current products by prospects and the installed base.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Experience and Skills:
- At least three years of related pre-sales experience.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in database and/or data replication technologies. Prior experience as a DBA is a plus. Knowledge of EAI, ETL, and/or EII technologies is helpful.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of database systems, concepts, and architectures.
- Must have practical working knowledge and understanding of “big data” technologies including Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge / experience with Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google, …) is helpful.
- Customer markets and applications vary widely. Must be able to ‘dig in’ and rapidly understand customer requirements, leveraging and extrapolating current knowledge into unfamiliar areas.
- Excellent verbal communications and listening skills: must be able to convey solutions and ideas in a positive, clear, and concise manner, both in person and over the telephone.
- Excellent writing skills are essential for communicating with customers, sales management, and others in the company.
- Must be able to develop and maintain a trusting relationship with the customer.
- Willingness and ability to learn and contribute. “Do whatever it takes” attitude.
Must be willing to travel as required.