You will research new requirements and market opportunities, define and prioritize technology requirements and collaborate with internal teams to provide context around product changes based on your research, experience, and conversations with the market, clients and prospects. You will work closely with the VP Product Management, other product managers, R&D, and cross-functional stakeholders, as well as strategic partners, in helping to define and then execute on the product strategy. You must possess a unique blend of business and technology savvy, understand the “big-picture” vision, and possess the drive to make that vision a reality as changes are rolled out internationally. This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces with other areas of the organization.
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, applications usage gaining a deep understanding of solution/ product requirements
- Manage and prioritize the matrix of integration sources and targets, work with technology partners to understand their roadmap, manage certifications, and identify optimal ways to integrate
- Perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research and leverage your broad industry experience to help develop new ideas and solutions
- Prioritize product direction by maintaining a detailed product roadmap supported by thorough analysis and competitive positioning
- Author “whole” product requirements and go to market plan including dependencies for platform, partner product and go to market including ecosystem, channel, system integrators, field etc.
- Manage the entire product/solution life cycle from strategic planning to development to release and go to market of product, solution and other required elements for successful product driving a cross-functional, cross-organization and geographically distributed team
- Participate in wide go-to-market plans, working and guiding partner(s) and product and corporate marketing
- Develop and champion product positioning, develop sales strategy, validate market messaging, and evangelize your product offerings both internally and externally
- Contribute and/or develop various aspects of sales kits including whitepapers, messaging documents, presentations and product demonstrations
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years in product management, consulting, product specialist or technical marketing roles
- Ability to perform market analysis and competitive analysis and define product requirements, product release plans, and technical demos
- Experience with database and data warehouse technologies
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Map Reduce, SPARC, Hive, SQOOP etc.) and/or experience with a leading Hadoop distribution vendor is a plus
- Experience with integration middleware (application development and integration) products and technologies is a plus – Data Integration, ETL, EAI, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Orchestration, BPM, Web and Application Servers, User Interface.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well-honed influencing skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team are a must
- Proven organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently required
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
Bachelor’s degree or higher (M.S or MBA) in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
Travel (approximately 10-20%) for customer visits, industry conferences, providing thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows