Cloud Data Migration
Businesses are increasingly finding value in storing data in the cloud, for a range of use cases that include backup, archiving, disaster recovery, content distribution, and analytics. Common to all these use cases is the need for cloud data migration. Cloud data migration entails moving or copying data from on-premises systems to target systems in the cloud—or in some instances, transferring data from one cloud-based system to another.
The challenge organizations face is to implement cloud data migration in a way that's efficient, secure, and timely, while maintaining visibility and control. The challenge is greater when there are multiple on-premise data sources involved, and sometimes multiple cloud targets, each carrying its own processes and requirements..
Attunity Replicate: Cloud Data Migration Made Easy
Attunity Replicate, available on cloud marketplaces as Attunity CloudBeam, automates and accelerates the migration of on-premise data to target systems in the cloud. Made by the leading innovators in data migration software, Attunity CloudBeam helps businesses large and small implement cloud data migration projects faster and at a lower cost, with greater confidence and reduced risk. Attunity Replicate has moved more than 35,000 databases to the cloud.
With Attunity Replicate, organizations undertaking cloud data migration initiatives benefit from:
- An intuitive graphical interface that lets users configure, execute, and monitor cloud data migration jobs without any manual coding or any need for detailed knowledge of the source or target system interfaces.
- A universal cloud data integration solution that supports data transfer from nearly any type of source system (relational database, data warehouse, mainframe, file system or Hadoop) to any of the leading cloud platforms available from Amazon, Azure, and Google.
- Fast and secure cloud data transfer that leverages industry-standard encryption and data integrity checks as well as Attunity's market-best performance optimizations.
- Support for bulk cloud data migration and for continuous incremental transfer using log-based change data capture (CDC)
- Deep visibility into in-progress data transfers, as well as configurable event-based notifications
Unified Support for Diverse Cloud Data Migration Use Cases
Attunity Replicate's simplicity and versatility empower your organization to capitalize on a variety of cloud data migration use cases such as :
- Database migration from any major on-premise RDBMS to cloud-based database services like Amazon RDS, Microsoft Azure SQL DB, and Google Cloud SQL.
- Content consolidation and sharing, by migrating on-premises unstructured data – including large media files – into Amazon S3.
- Cloud data warehousing and analytics. With the combination of Attunity Replicate and Attunity Compose – a state-of-art data warehouse automation solution – you can design, implement, and manage Amazon Redshift ETL projects or Azure SQL Data Warehouse projects without doing any manual coding.
- Cloud data replication within or across clouds, such as for migrating data from Amazon RDS into Redshift, or replicating Amazon RDS data across service regions