Traditional data warehouse approaches are heavy on the IT dependency and upfront data modelling before any data can flow into the system. As a result, the time to value is long and only materialises once the business can start to use the reports and insights the data warehouse provides. The approach is also rigid, therefore requests for new or refined reports quickly bring on data model changes, which more often than not turn into projects measured in quarters and years.
Enstar Group shows there is another way and one that’s not restricted to the insurance industry. Using a modern architecture and data platform powered by a combination of Cloudera, Attunity, Trifacta and Arcadia Data, they implemented a platform that is secure, flexible, cost effective, and delivers early business benefit with reduced IT intervention.
Watch an on-demand webinar sponsored by Cloudera and Attunity, to hear from Enstar Group’s Mark Bendall and Ranjeet Athwal:
- Which challenges and limitations the traditional data warehouse approach poses
- How a process of “Extract, Load, Discover and Transform” (ELDT) counters these
- What technologies and mechanisms they used to implement ELDT as well as what the business impact was
- How both technology and process come together to foster collaboration in the enterprise
- How the platform helps Enstar Group to meet ongoing compliance and regulatory requirements
- How other industries can leverage the ELDT design pattern to address their data warehouse challenges