Attunity is one of the original partners supporting Microsoft’s launch of Azure SQL Data Warehouse. As it was at that time, the goal remains to make data warehousing economically viable and accessible for everyone. Since then, this offering helped a lot of organizations who didn’t have access to data warehousing technology, spin up new analytics projects in Azure. This has helped many enterprises reduce the time to analyze large amounts of data from days to hours and even minutes.
With the launch of SQL Data Warehouse Gen2, Microsoft has introduced an automatic SSD-based caching layer to the service. The idea here is to take a blended approach of using remote storage in combination with a very fast SSD cache layer that places data with compute based on user access patterns and frequency. Microsoft also took advantage of the compute and IO throughput provided by the latest Azure hardware. This is important for organizations looking to run the most demanding SQL analytics workloads in the cloud.
Attunity Replicate Migrates Data to the SQL Data Warehouse Gen 2 (and More!)
Since the original launch of SQL DW, Microsoft and Attunity formed a strategic partnership around data migrations and replication capabilities. With Attunity software, you can stream data from a variety of sources to SQL Data Warehouse and the Microsoft Data Platform – including SQL Data Warehouse Gen 2 – quickly, easily and securely. Source databases and EDW platforms remain fully operational during the migration, so you don’t have to worry about application downtime. Attunity solutions are available in the Azure marketplace, directly from Attunity or on a jointly-sponsored Attunity Replicate for Microsoft Migrations site.
Attunity Replicate for Microsoft Migrations at NO Cost.
- Save time – there is no need to install any additional software on your sources or targets. With a few clicks, you can begin automatically migrating your data with zero downtime
- Move data continuously– source systems stay operational during the migration process and changes are continuously replicated so you are always working with real-time data
- Lower costs – Microsoft customers can use Attunity Replicate for Microsoft Migrations at no additional cost for a limited time
Going beyond, EDW platforms, the following source and target pairs are supported:
|MIGRATION SOURCE||SUPPORTED TARGETS|
|SQL Server (2005 or later)||Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database|
|Oracle database||Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for PostgreSQL|
|PostgreSQL||Azure Database for PostgreSQL|
|MySQL||Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for MySQL|
|Oracle data warehouse||Azure SQL Data Warehouse|
|Teradata||Azure SQL Data Warehouse|
|Sybase ASE||Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL Database|
|IBM Netezza||Azure SQL Data Warehouse|
Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Join the community! You can download Attunity Replicate for Microsoft Migrations at no cost, get your questions answers, receive free training, and more.
- Read the Attunity Solutions for Azure SQL Data Warehouse solution sheet
- Read the Attunity Replicate for Microsoft Migrations solution sheet
- Read the Migrate to SQL Server with Zero Downtime white paper
- Watch the on-demand webinar: Announcing Attunity Replicate for Microsoft Migrations
- Watch the on-demand webinar: Break Free from Oracle with Attunity and Microsoft
- Visit Attunity on the Azure Marketplace
*Attunity Replicate for Microsoft Migrations is limited to migrations, which should be completed within a twelve-month period with source system(s) disconnected by that time.