Research in 2018 shows that most companies are collecting data, but roughly half of them don’t have a data platform in place to get insights from it. When it comes to big data analytics, there are many behind-the-scenes barriers companies have to overcome to get their data to a place where it can inform decisions. One reason for this is the increasing growth of data.
Here are some eye-opening stats about the unprecedented pace of big data growth today:
- 90% of the world’s data has been created in the last two years alone.
- The volume of data created by U.S. companies alone each year is enough to fill ten thousand Libraries of Congress.
- Connected cars are making a push to be the most important new digital platform, with 220 million on the road by 2020.
- Most companies only analyze 12% of the data they have.
- By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion smart connected devices in the world, collecting, analyzing and sharing data.
- Bad data costs the US $3.1 Trillion annually.
- Data investments in the financial services industry will account for nearly $9 Billion in 2018 alone.
- AI’s impact on marketing is growing, predicted to reach nearly $40 billion by 2025.
- The salaries of data scientists are rapidly increasing with demand.
- IoT will save consumers and businesses $1 trillion a year by 2022.
Have challenges keeping up with the pace of your company’s data growth? Attunity can help. Attunity Replicate’s change data capture (CDC) technology can move real-time data to a data platform for analytics. To learn more, check out The Magic of Data Integration in the Enterprise e-guide.