Agile Data Warehouse
In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, it takes an agile data warehouse solution to quickly meet changing requirements, integrate new data sources and deliver superior business analytics and intelligence. The ETL tools of the past are no longer sufficient – they lack the automation and ease of use required to support an agile data warehouse. Brittle, manual-coded data warehousing processes only increase management complexity and the dependence on developer resources.
Consequently, data warehouse modernization efforts have focused on automation. From optimizing design to generating ETL code or quickly applying updates, automating data warehouse functions can help to dramatically increase speed, reduce administrative burden and leverage best practices and proven design patterns.
Attunity: an innovative platform that delivers the agile data warehouse
Attunity is a cloud data warehouse automation platform that streamlines processes from end to end to support an agile data warehouse. By minimizing manual, error-prone design processes in the data warehouse environment, Attunity helps accelerate analytics projects, optimize processes and reduce risk.
Attunity supports both a data-driven methodology that is guided by reporting requirements, and a model-driven methodology that is based on business processes. Administrators can easily spin up, scale up, and iterate an agile data warehouse, adjusting sources and models as needed to meet business requirements. Attunity provides automation to extract data from multiple sources without requiring manual coding. Ultimately, business intelligence teams can better manage workflow from start to finish, executing tasks as a single process for deployments large and small.
Attunity is designed to support major enterprise data warehouses, including Teradata, SQL Server and Oracle/Exadata, as well as Amazon Redshift.
Advantages for agile data warehouse management
With Attunity, IT teams can:
- Accelerate implementation, reducing time to deploy an agile data warehouse to days or weeks.
- Automate design of agile data warehouse structures based on proven design patterns.
- Automate ETL generation – Attunity significantly reduces implementation time by automatically generating 80% or more of the "Extract, Transform and Load" commands.
- Achieve faster ETL processing, including rapid updates of agile data warehouse solutions to more tightly align IT with LOB needs.
- Improve productivity and agility by centralizing and automating project version control, allowing users to compare, lock and/or merge versions and track changes.
- Simplify Development, Testing, Acceptance and Production (DTAP) by creating and implementing project deployment packages directly from the Attunity user interface.