MFT for Hadoop
Multi-Stage Business Process Gateway to Hadoop
Enterprises that leverage Big Data can become smarter about their customers, operations, and business environment. As volumes of business data continue to increase, organizations are rapidly adopting Hadoop to store, manage, and process Big Data for use in analytics, business intelligence (BI), and decision support. Experts believe that the size of Hadoop installations will grow significantly as companies incorporate new data sources and business applications into their Hadoop systems.
Hadoop holds a great deal of promise for organizations, but as an emerging technology, challenges exist when using Hadoop for BI, analytics, and decision-making.
Data integration is a time-consuming aspect of Hadoop. Many IT teams find it difficult to move large volumes of structured and unstructured information in and out of Hadoop in a high-performance way. Because Big Data is heterogeneous by nature, enterprises must find fast and cost-effective ways to move information from many different sources into the Hadoop system.
- Real-time analytics are hard to achieve with Hadoop. Although Hadoop can process large volumes of data quickly, the focus to date has been on batch analytics. Hadoop users have explored unstructured data to discover patterns or validate hypotheses. Although real-time analytics is an emerging area for Hadoop, transferring large volumes of data quickly has been a challenge for many enterprises.
Attunity delivers high performance solutions that move Big Data in and out of Apache Hadoop. This solution enables companies to load and access massive amounts of data for analytics in both the cloud and enterprise data centers.
Attunity Managed File Transfer (MFT) for Hadoop enables enterprise organizations seamlessly integrate massive data collection processes into already existing file transfer framework leveraging inexpensive, commodity hardware. That framework already provides the security, scheduling, automation and auditing requirements needed to effectively address enterprise needs for application-driven information collection.
Fully integrated with Attunity’s data integration technology it moves data into and out of Hadoop in batch or real time using universal connectivity to all data, including mainframe, web and business applications, both on-premises and in the cloud.
Using Attunity MFT for Hadoop, organizations can achieve faster time-to-value for big data projects and deliver a more complete and trusted view of the business. As a result, companies can harness the power of Big Data to drive new insights and deliver competitive advantage.
- Automate and Manage Application to Application Transfers: Legacy scripts and human resource intense file transfer processes are difficult and costly to support. Attunity MFT provides a consistent, standards-based means for building, automating, and managing file transfer processes between applications and legacy systems.
- Simple, Secure User File Transfers: Empower business users and trading partners with an easy to use, yet secure means to send files of any size. Reduce administrative overhead with policy-based Active Directory and Ad-Hoc user provisioning. User-friendly interfaces include Web Client, Desktop Client, and a seamless Microsoft Outlook add-in.
- Tighten Security - FTP, email, and other file transfer methods lack essential security and auditing capabilities. Attunity MFT supports diverse encryption protocols, authentication processes and full audit on every transfer action and process.
- Gateway to Hadoop - enables enterprise organizations to seamlessly integrate massive data collection processes into an already existing file transfer framework in order to leverage inexpensive, commodity hardware, from any data source - internal or external.
- Enterprise connectivity to Hadoop
- Support to variety Hadoop distributions like Apache, Greenplum HD and Hortonworks
- Consolidate file transfer processes under one managed solution
- User-friendly Web (HTTP/S) and Desktop clients
- Web Services API for seamless integration with enterprise business platforms (ERP, BPM, CRM, etc.)
- Support for Web HDFS, FTP, FTPS, SFTP, SSH, HTTP/S, S/MIME, and SMB
- Auditing and notificationMulti-tiered security architecture with DMZ front end
- Extensive scheduling, automation, hot directory, and data processing capabilities
Managed File Transfer - Securing the Way Organizations Deliver Files
Read this whitepaper on MFT to gain valuable insight into the new choices to securely transfer high volumes of files & data between applications & improve collaboration between internal & external parties.