Data Warehouse Solutions for HP Vertica
Attunity’s Click-2-Load solution for HP Vertica, featuring automation and optimized technologies, is a complete solution engineered from the ground up to load data for Big Data Analytics fast and with high-performance throughput. Enabling operational data stores (ODS) or data warehouses for Vertica’s environments by providing high-performance, end-to-end data loading with quick time-to-value, the Attunity solution empowers HP customers to quickly load data from heterogeneous data sources and then maintain the changed data continuously and efficiently. Attunity for HP Vertica effectively facilitates the movement of incremental changes via innovative and powerful TurboStream CDC, a log-based change data capture (CDC) technology, which streams high volumes of transactional changes captured from the source databases to the data warehouse with very low impact on the source.
Fast loading & throughput, drag-and-drop setup, end-to-end automation
Attunity for HP Vertica is an automated and highly-optimized solution that enables fast and easy loading to Vertica with minimal IT resources and no development staff. The Attunity solution can be set up quickly and will load data with high-speed and ease, enabling customers to achieve value faster. Instead of relying on a complex, resource-intensive ETL process which moves data in batches, Attunity enables ELT with a simple yet powerful GUI, expediting the traditionally-slow process of data provisioning. The Attunity solution will load the data, and complex transformations can then be added using scripts or downstream transformations in the data warehouse. This approach eliminates the need for development during data loading by automating the entire process, and developers can be leveraged effectively only when needed to support lower total cost of ownership for the entire project.
Attunity for HP Vertica Supports:
- Quick set up of data feeds featuring a drag-and-drop graphical user experience
- High-performance loading of large data volumes featuring optimized integration with HP Vertica
- Many heterogeneous data sources including SQL Server, Oracle & DB2
- Real-time data availability using proprietary technologies including in-memory data streaming and TurboStream CDC
- End-to-end automation, including schema generation, metadata changes & transparent data type transformations between source databases and HP Vertica
- Zero footprint architecture that doesn’t require agents on source or target databases
- Initiatives including BI and analytics, operational reporting, data distribution and more
Attunity Click-2-Load solution for HP Vertica Analytic Database leverages the native SQL COPY utility of Vertica that ensures that data is loaded into Vertica as fast as possible. This integrated approach is designed to move large volumes of data into tables in the Vertica database; Attunity for HP Vertica fully supports this high performance loading option. By leveraging HP Vertica’s native utilities, Attunity’s Click-2-Load solution executes automatic parallel data allocation, transformation and movement to achieve optimal data loading performance levels.
- Full Load: Attunity 'Click-2-Load' Solution for HP Vertica loads data from heterogeneous data sources quickly and efficiently and provides full schema and DDL replication.
Incremental Load via TurboStream Change Data Capture (CDC): Attunity 'Click-2-Load' Solution for HP Vertica streams changes captured from source databases to the data warehouse in real time.
The following screenshot captures full load and CDC progress from Oracle to HP Vertica databases on the Attunity solution dashboard. Using this dashboard you can monitor % completion, load speed, track errors and more.
Real-Time Data Warehousing: Big Questions About Big Data
Got big questions about big data? Download this free, exclusive IDC report to learn about new trends driving demand for real-time data warehousing and much more.