Data Warehouse Solutions for EMC Greenplum
Officially qualified by EMC, Attunity Replicate for Greenplum enables operational data warehousing for EMC Greenplum environments by providing high-performance, end-to-end data replication with quick time-to-value.
The solution empowers EMC customers to quickly load data from heterogeneous data sources including Oracle, SQL Server, and IBM DB2, and then maintain the changed data continuously and efficiently. Attunity Replicate effectively facilitates the latter function via change data capture (CDC) technology, streaming changes captured from the source databases to Greenplum with very low impact on the source. This complete solution enables initiatives including BI and analytics, operational reporting, data distribution and more.
Attunity Replicate for Greenplum supports:
- High-performance loads and continuous data capture
- Click-2-Replicate graphical user interface for designing and monitoring replication tasks
- A wide range of data sources including mainstream relational databases and legacy systems
- Automatic schema generation and implementation of metadata changes in Greenplum
- Transparent data type transformations between source and Greenplum
Attunity Replicate’s server architecture is tightly integrated with the Greenplum parallel file server (gpfdist) in order to leverage its Scatter/Gather Streaming technology for optimized fast, parallel data loading. This integrated approach ensures that all of the segments in the Greenplum Database system are fully utilized when loading data to provide optimal, streamlined performance.
Designed to meet reliability and high-performance requirements of the most mission-critical enterprises, Attunity Replicate Server can be configured directly on The EMC Greenplum Data Integration Accelerator (DIA). This architecture is specially built to facilitate fast data loading to the EMC Greenplum Data Computing Appliance (DCA), which benefits from being on DCA’s shared interconnect for high-speed data access.
- Full Load: With Attunity Replicate for Greenplum, EMC customers can quickly and efficiently load data from heterogeneous data sources and leverage full schema and DDL replication.
- Incremental Load via Change Data Capture (CDC): Attunity Replicate for Greenplum streams changes captured from the source databases to the data warehouse with minimal impact on source systems.
The following screenshot captures full load progress from Oracle to Greenplum databases on the Attunity Replicate dashboard. Using this dashboard you can monitor % completion, load speed, track errors and more.
Attunity 'Click-2-Load' Solution for Pivotal Greenplum
Read this whitepaper to explore new technologies that eliminate the data transfer bottleneck and deliver fast and efficient data loading to Pivotal Greenplum®.
Ready to get started?
We're here to help.
In North America Call:
+1 (866) 288-8648
In EMEA Call:
+44 (0) 1344-742-805
In Asia Pacific Call: