The heart of cloud computing is providing services that meet customer needs in an elastic way. Companies use cloud-based storage and database services to support business intelligence (BI) and analytics, continuous availability, disaster recovery, load balancing, and more. Cloud-based storage and database services have reshaped the way businesses consume IT resources through true elasticity and infinite scalability. However, these advances have caused two data transfer bottlenecks: one between on-premises data centers and the cloud; and a second between cloud environments. Simply put, cloud data transfer has not kept pace with cloud data storage. So, while you can obtain cloud storage of terabytes and petabytes with a simple click, you will need to ship physical disk drives to fill it.
Business and Technology Challenges
Remote cloud storage. Since cloud storage is remote, it causes cloud data movement to be slow. It is accessed over a network - the Internet - with inherent latency. The cloud storage APIs that are used to send on-premises files to the cloud provide transparency but don’t take distance into account. This often results in unacceptably long file load times, out-of-date information, and inaccurate business decisions.
- Complex and costly infrastructure. When organizations need to move very large volumes of data, they must have an infrastructure with the right number of servers or appliances deployed. A dedicated infrastructure must be sized for the “worst case scenario” and is therefore dramatically more expensive than cloud services which leverage shared resources. Furthermore, it is often the case that dedicated infrastructures are underutilized, and it is always the case that when the transfer needs exceeds capacity, additional costs and complexity are incurred by the enterprise. However, the modern cloud economy overcomes these issues by taking advantage of elastic, multi-tenant, and cost-effective services.
Attunity CloudBeam Meets the Challenges
Attunity CloudBeam offers high performance file-to-cloud and cloud-to-cloud data movement in a hassle-free, elastic service model. Its transfer and replication technologies overcome the performance issues associated with the cloud, and its SaaS architecture eliminates the burden of creating and maintaining a dedicated cloud transfer infrastructure. Attunity CloudBeam extends the boundaries of how its customers can use cloud storage.
- As a service, the infrastructure scales up automatically to meet your transfer needs. No more worries about installing or maintaining servers to meet dynamic business data loading or data replication needs. Simply Beam it. Attunity CloudBeam allocates all necessary infrastructure elastically to move your data quickly and securely to the cloud.
- Distance is no longer a problem. Attunity CloudBeam’s transfer technology eliminates the distance challenge associated with cloud storage APIs. Transfer is accelerated using advanced data compression and parallelism to push more data through smaller time windows directly to cloud storage and between different cloud storage regions.
- Beaming data between clouds is quick and reliable. Attunity CloudBeam provides a scalable solution for cloud-to-cloud data movement. As enterprises begin to use cloud storage as part of their production environments, availability and business continuity become mission critical. Attunity CloudBeam provides accelerated and secured file replication between cloud regions and between clouds, without the overhead of building and maintaining the infrastructure.
- Beaming data to the cloud has never been easier or more secure. Attunity CloudBeam makes it easy to integrate the cloud loading process with production processes that generate content. The Attunity CloudBeam client provides accelerated, secured, and fully recoverable data loading.