Error Message: Failed to load OCI DLL
The error indicates a failure when loading the Oracle oci.dll. The error could occur when having multiple Oracle homes or permission problems.
The user is working on Microsoft Windows 64Bit operating system and have installed the following components:
This is the required list of components for Developing on 64Bit Windows machine.
- Oracle Client 32Bit (Required for Design)
- Oracle Client 64Bit
- Microsoft SSIS Oracle Connector 64Bit
On some machines the following error was reported when running the Oracle component in 32Bit (Design time):
Error at Package [Connection manager "Oracle Connector 1"]: Failed to load OCI DLL.</b>SOLUTION
First check that the environments are working and configured properly, and that SQLPlus is responding on both installations of the Oracle Client.
On the machine which we encountered the error, it was noticed that the Oracle Home for the 64Bit Oracle Client was defined in the 32Bit registry portion (Wow6432Node), this was causing the problem of loading the wrong oci.dll.
To workaround the problem, the user should define a dummy registry entry (Z_SSIS) as follows:
1. Open the regedit utility.
2. Locate the following Key:
3. Right-Click on ORACLE
node and click on New -> Key.
4. Call the new key Z_SSIS
(to make sure it's the last entry).
5. Right-Click on the Z_SSIS
node and click on New -> String.
6. Name the property ORACLE_HOME
7. Double-Click on the ORACLE_HOME
and set it to the location of the Oracle 32Bit installation home directory.
The user is working in a 32Bit or 64Bit environment and receiving the error message while designing the SSIS process.
The error could occur for several reasons:
- The wrong ORACLE_HOME is setup in your registry.
Use the Oracle Installer to configure your environment.
- The interactive user does not have the proper permission to access the Oracle HOME directory and it's files.
Check the permissions and configure them properly.
- Finally, verify the connection using the Oracle SQLPlus utility.
* SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008
* Microsoft SSIS Connector for Oracle by Attunity
* Microsoft SSIS Connector for Oracle by Attunity - Itanium IA64
* Microsoft SSIS Connector for Oracle by Attunity X64