Before attempting to access data sources directly, ensure you have the Sun JDBC 2.0 Standard Extension packages installed.
Perform the following steps to directly connect to a data source:
- Include an import statement in an application to import the NvDataSource class, as follows:
- Specify the following in order to define a data source object: NvDataSource ds = new NvDataSource();
were ds is the name of the data source object.
- Specify the methods for the data source object, using the following syntax:
- Where ds is the name of the data source object, as specified in the previous step. For example, the following specifies the server and port for a connection:
Note: The methods available for the data source object are described in JDBC API Conformance.
- Connect to AIS using the following syntax:
Connection con = ds.getConnection();
were con is the connection instance.